Never before have full lips been more fashionable than now. Juvéderm Volbella is an injectable designed specifically for lip augmentation. The aesthetic experts at EsthetixMD Spa & Laser Center in Bend, OR offer these suggestion for ladies considering treatment.
- Know the product – Juvéderm Volbella is formulated with hyaluronic acid in a soft gel base. This substance binds with water, increasing its volume dramatically. Augmentation lasts up to six months. While most patients are thrilled with results, if for any reason you are not satisfied, this filler can be dissolved in about five minutes with an additional injection.
- Choose an artist – Our injectors are well-trained and experienced with a variety of products, skin types, and lip shapes. They administer Volbella with skill and artistry, with the oversight of a physician. Properly injected lips look, move, and feel completely natural.
- Understand options – You don’t have to “go all out” at the first session. Bring photos to show the clinician what you like. You may want to choose areas of your lips for initial focus, just one or both lips, and add additional volume over time.
- Prepare for treatment – Avoid medications and supplements that thin the blood, for ten days prior to your appointment. This includes analgesics except acetaminophen (Tylenol), vitamin E, and fish oil. This precaution reduces risk of bruising or bleeding at injection sites.
- Have realistic expectations – The procedure involves a little pinch and sting. If your skin is very sensitive, topical numbing can be applied. There is essentially no downtime, but we recommend avoiding rigorous exercise, massage, or facials for 24 hours. Results are immediate. There may be some swelling at first, but as it resolves, lips continue to fill out from the product.
Learn more about Juvéderm Volbella at a private consultation. Call our Bend, OR office at (541) 303-9155 to schedule.