Most people would like to have flawless skin, yet few can devote a lot of downtime to recovery from an aggressive or invasive procedure. Laser Genesis
fills that need beautifully. Women and men across the Bend, OR
area are taking advantage of this highly-beneficial, no downtime treatment for healthy, attractive complexions.
Bend OR MedSpa offers innovative Laser Genesis skin renewal treatment
Laser Genesis is a non-ablative Nd:YAG laser. It creates a thermal response in deep skin layers, without removing surface skin. To the patient that means gentle, comfortable treatment with little or no social downtime, yet effective results
As a heat-based laser, it stimulates natural healing processes that contribute to youthful, radiant skin tone and texture. This laser therapy is safe for all skin types and tones; from delicate feminine complexions to men’s thicker skin. It can be used alone, or to complement other aesthetic treatments such as neuromodulators (Botox) and dermal fillers.
Conditions treated with Laser Genesis
This is an extremely versatile treatment that can be used on the face, neck, chest, or other areas of the body to improve:
- Active inflammatory acne – Laser energy creates heat, which destroys harmful acne-causing bacteria on the skin, improving current outbreaks, and reaching deep in pores, helping to prevent future flare-ups.
- Acne scarring (even old scars) – Scarring is the result of a concentration of collagen where the skin has been injured. This treatment breaks up that snarl of fibrous proteins and encourages a uniform meshwork of collagen, leveling indentations and flattening raised scarring.
- Trauma or surgical scars – Laser Genesis is beneficial for improvement in the appearance of sunken, hypertrophic, and discolored scars.
- Fine lines and wrinkles – Skin needs an abundance of collagen and elastin to stay thick, smooth, and firm. As we age, the body produces less of those vital proteins. Sun exposure and environmental pollutants accelerate collagen depletion. Laser Genesis stimulates increased production of collagen, softening etched-in lines, smoothing wrinkles, and tightening the skin.
- Enlarged pores – Natural collagen production triggered by the laser’s heat shrinks pores.
- Rough or coarse skin texture – By speeding cell turnover, Laser Genesis refines the texture of skin and leaves it feeling smooth and soft.
- Pigmentation irregularities – Treatment fades freckles, sun and age spots, melasma, and other discolorations, for more uniform skin tone.
In addition, the skin care professionals at EsthetixMD Spa & Laser Center may recommend this innovative therapy or another type of laser treatment for:
- Diffuse redness
- DPN (dermatosis papulosa nigra)
- Facial veins
- Lesser leg veins
- Port wine stain birthmarks
- Skin tags
- Venous lakes
About the procedure
Most patients describe the Laser Genesis experience as pain-free and soothing. You begin with a pampering cleansing and steam treatment to prepare the skin. Your complexion is examined under magnification to determine the extent of sun and other damage. Eyes are protected, and you relax comfortably. The clinician moves the Laser Genesis handpiece over the treatment area. Usually, the forehead is addressed last, since, with skin so close to underlying bone, it tends to be the most sensitive spot. Expect a sensation of warmth and slight tingling throughout treatment.
A Laser Genesis session takes about 30 minutes for the entire face, and a bit longer if you will be enjoying the benefits for neck and décolletage, as well. There is no downtime, so you may return to work or your otherwise busy day right after treatment. You may have some pinkness, but it resolves quickly. Since Laser Genesis is non-invasive, and because the EsthetixMD team is trained and experienced in administering treatment, there is an extremely low risk of side effects
At EsthetixMD Spa & Laser Center, you always receive personalized care. While each case is unique, usually a series of three to six Laser Genesis treatments, spaced about a month apart, deliver desired results. However, your complexion is noticeably brighter immediately after the first session, with continued improvement for about six months as collagen builds in the deeper skin layers.
Then, periodic re-treatment helps to maintain your lovely results. Some people make Laser Genesis a monthly ritual to look their best. Others may schedule an annual follow-up treatment for the management of rosacea or other pigment issues.
Would you like to try a Laser Genesis
treatment, or make this healthy, beneficial therapy part of your ongoing beauty regimen? Call EsthetixMD Spa & Laser Center in Bend, OR
at (541) 303-9155 to schedule a consultation with one of our experts.