Safe and Effective Skin Resurfacing with Morpheus8 Skin Resurfacing Treatment
At EsthetixMD Spa and Laser Center in Bend, Oregon, men, and women seeking non-surgical solutions for tightening and toning the skin may be interested in learning about the various treatments readily available at our facility. Below are some of the more common questions asked to our team of clinicians about this revolutionary skin tightening treatment:
What is Morpheus8 Body?
The Morpheus8 body is a microneedling device that uses radiofrequency energy for remodeling and contouring the body through a process known as subdermal adipose remodeling. The treatment penetrates energy up to 8mm deep to stimulate collagen production and tighten the skin.
Some of the benefits of the Morpheus8 body treatment include:
- Morpheus8 body provides the most profound fractional treatments, penetrating subdermal tissue up to 8mm (7mm + 1mm thermal profile).
- Dual Handpieces increase the treatment functionality: Morpheus8 is used to treat smaller treatment areas, and Morpheus8 Body is used for more significant and deeper tissue treatments.
- Four fractional tips with varied microneedle configurations (Prime 12 pin, Resurfacing 24 pin, Morpheus8 24 pin, and Body 40 pin) deliver clinically proven RF energy to multiple treatment depths (0.5mm – 7mm).
- Morpheus8 automatically deploys bipolar RF energy to multi-level treatment depths in a single cycle since it is equipped with Burst mode RF technology
- The ability to target tissue sequentially at three levels, in millisecond intervals, reduces the treatment times, minimizes skin injury, increases treatment uniformity, and enables customized full-body fractional procedures.
What skin types are appropriate for Morpheus8 radiofrequency microneedling?
The Morpheus8 treatment is safe for patients of all skin types. The benefit of Morpheus8’s colorblind technology is that it can be used on all skin types. The unique properties allow even darker tones to be treated.
What can I expect during my Morpheus8 treatment?
Patients will relax while the Morpheus8 device is used along the skin in the treatment area. Most patients experience a warming sensation and find that the procedure is well-tolerated with the use of a topical anesthetic. Some patients also require pro-nox for comfort during the treatment for optimum comfort.
How do I prepare for Morpheus8 skin resurfacing treatment?
Patients should arrive at our practice with clean skin free from lotion and should avoid direct sun exposure and any irritating or harsh skin products for 48 hours beforehand.
What can I expect afterwards, and how do I care for the treatment area following the procedure?
After treatment at EsthetixMD Spa and Laser Center, patients can expect some mild redness and swelling, crusting and peeling of the skin, and warm, tighter skin for up to one week post-procedure. Our providers have curated post treatment skin care to accelerate healing and treatment outcomes.
Microchanneling with the Morpheus8 treatment versus traditional microneedling devices
The main differences between microchanneling and microneedling are the type of device used and the technique used to perform the treatment. A microneedling device uses a handheld roller covered in tiny needles, which is dragged over the skin. This method can actually tear the skin.
Instead, the microchanneling device encompasses a linear stamping technique, resulting in clean, consistent micro-channels. This reduces tissue damage and reduces inflammation and substantially decreases discomfort for clients. Reduced inflammation results in less downtime as the typical downtime after a microchanneling treatment is 60-90 minutes, compared to days of downtime with microneedling. At EsthetixMD all our RF microneedling procedures utilize microchanneling devices.
How do I learn more about Morpheus8?
Our team of clinicians at EsthetixMD Spa and Laser Center can help you determine if this is a treatment that will help you achieve your skin firming and rejuvenation goals. The Morpheus8 is a wonderful solution for Bend, OR, men, and women looking to enhance their skin non-surgically or to maintain their plastic surgery results. Our med spa clinicians are readily available to evaluate patients to determine if they are appropriate candidates for this or other safe and effective treatments at our facility. Call (541) 303-9155 to request an appointment at our practice, conveniently located at 115 SW Allen Road.