Guesswork can be fun when playing a trivia or board game, but most people would say it has no place in their medical and aesthetic treatment plan. The team at EsthetixMD Spa & Laser Center in Bend, OR agree! Information about your skin helps our clinicians recommend the best treatments to keep your complexion healthy and glowing. Facial imaging analysis with OBSERV technology provides unique insight into your skin.
What is OBSERV 520?
This state-of-the-art skin evaluation system provides an in-depth assessment of your skin at the epidermal (surface) level, and at deeper dermal layers. The device clearly highlights skin irregularities. The analysis is presented with an interactive approach that helps you fully understand findings and become an active part of your treatment planning team.
The system is based on the scientific principle of fluorescence. Skin cells emit light in a wavelength that is not visible to the naked eye. Healthy skin cells fluoresce differently from damaged or abnormal cells. OBSERV identifies skin conditions through specific colors and patterns that emerge under various light modes.
Your OBSERV facial imaging analysis is safe and painless. Six observation modes include:
- Daylight – Full face illumination with diffuse light from multiple directions represents the face you show to the world. It serves as a baseline for comparisons and planning your aesthetic strategy.
- Parallel polarized – This magnified view illustrates skin texture, showing pores, fine lines, and wrinkles in micro-relief detail.
- Cross polarized – This view suppresses shine while it amplifies irregularities in skin tone. You see brown spots caused by photo-aging (sun exposure), redness and inflammation from skin sensitivity, and vascular conditions that cannot be recognized by the human eye.
- True UV – This is a look into skin health, with fluorescence that reveals surface abnormalities as well as impairments in deeper layers. Examples are loss of underlying structure and skin conditions that look normal in daylight.
- Simulated Woods light – This adjusted spectrum shows distribution and activity of sebaceous glands, secretions, and areas of dryness.
- Complexion analysis – A high-level inspection of irritations, pigmentation irregularities, and overall skin tone.
How does OBSERV contribute to better skin?
OBSERV facial imaging analysis lets you and your clinician see your skin in a whole new light, with dramatic side-by-side comparisons, and images captured from different angles.
While you may not be happy with the condition of your skin, it is often difficult to pinpoint exactly why when you look in the mirror. Meticulous OBSERV evaluation provides a systematic break down of one element at a time, to identify signs of skin aging or damage, such as:
- Coarse or bumpy texture
- Dark spots
- Dull, tired looking complexion
- Large pores
- Lax skin
- Lines and wrinkles
- Skin discoloration
During the review of your analysis, the clinician clearly explains the severity of each condition and describes appropriate treatment options. Together, you determine a strategy that addresses skin concerns while fitting seamlessly into your schedule and budget.
Many patients opt for periodic re-analysis to monitor progression of concerning skin conditions and to quantify the effectiveness of their treatment plans. OBSERV is safe and harmless to skin, so the analysis can be repeated as often as you choose.
How does this improve your skin? Rather than a one-size-fits-all treatment approach, or a hit-or-miss and try again strategy, you get skin care that focuses on your specific complexion needs. You don’t waste time or money on ineffective procedures, and you get to enjoy the benefits of fresh, radiant skin sooner.
This proactive tactic plays a big role in skin health as well as appearance. In many cases, we can head off potential problems while they are aesthetic in nature . . . before they become medical issues. In addition, OBSERV analysis could reveal a serious condition (such as skin cancer), in which case we refer treatment to your general practitioner or a specialist. In those cases, early detection can literally be life-saving.
Where can you find leading-edge OBERV facial imaging analysis in Bend, OR?
EsthetixMD Spa & Laser Center has a long history of caring for the faces, bodies, and wellness of clients in the Bend, OR area. Among the reasons our team has earned this loyalty is a commitment to contemporary diagnostic technologies like OBSERV facial imaging analysis, FDA-approved treatment techniques, and genuine compassion. We are dedicated to helping you look and feel your best. Call (541) 303-9155 for personalized care.