Would you like to have bright, refreshed skin with attractively-even tone? Do you want your skin to look more youthful, without the extended downtime of aggressive resurfacing treatments or surgical procedures? Fraxel DUAL treatment
is an excellent choice, and it is available at EsthetixMD Spa & Laser Center in Bend, OR
Bend OR MedSpa features innovative Fraxel DUAL treatment technology
Traditional laser skin resurfacing removes skin, from the top downward, layer by layer, with pulses of concentrated light in a specific wavelength. While this treatment certainly improves wrinkles and irregularities in skin tone and texture, there can be a significant healing period.
With the innovation of fractionated laser technology, Fraxel removes the obstacle of extended downtime standing between you and beautiful skin. The Fraxel device breaks the beam of laser light into a multitude of pinpoints. They penetrate the skin at a controlled depth, creating microscopic columns surrounded by unaffected skin cells. By treating only fractions of skin, this method triggers internal regeneration with rapid healing
. Skin is essentially “resurfaced” from the inside out, rather than by removing the outermost layers.
How Fraxel DUAL is different
FDA-approved Fraxel DUAL is a further advance in this concept. A 1927 nm laser and a 1550nm laser are incorporated into this one device, for incredibly customized treatment.
Pigmentation irregularities are a common complaint, and they can be resistant to chemical peels and microdermabrasion. Fraxel’s DUAL 1927 nm thulium fiber laser breaks up pigments in freckles, sunspots, and melasma so they may be harmlessly eliminated by the body’s natural processes. Since this laser treats higher layers of skin, it is safe for most skin colors and can be used on face, neck, chest, hands, and arms.
The 1550 nm erbium non-ablative fractional component of Fraxel DUAL reaches deeper skin layers. It creates a thermal reaction that contracts tissues for immediate skin tightening and stimulates natural production of collagen for continued improvement. This treatment is ideal for lines and wrinkles, coarse skin texture, sun damage, and acne scars.
The beauty of the Fraxel DUAL system is its adaptability. Following a thorough evaluation of your skin, our trained, experienced clinicians design a treatment plan tailored to address your concerns
. It may involve treatment with either or both Fraxel DUAL lasers . . . alone or in combination with other anti-aging therapies available at EsthetixMD Spa & Laser Center.
What to expect
- A Fraxel DUAL appointment takes about an hour and a half, with the actual laser treatment portion of the session requiring 20 to 25 minutes for a full-face treatment.
- After your skin is cleansed, a topical anesthetic is applied to ensure a comfortable experience.
- When skin is numb, the clinician moves the laser handpiece over the treatment area, making several passes.
- You feel a sensation of warmth, as laser energy is transferred to skin layers. However, a flow of cool air helps to maintain a comfortable temperature at the surface.
- Skin is pink and feels like a mild sunburn for several hours after treatment.
Depending on your customized strategy, there may be some swelling or puffiness the next morning, which typically resolves within a few days.
- The skin may develop a sandpaper texture as a result of treated tissue working its way to the surface as it is replaced by fresh cells. This is normal and temporary.
- Pigmentation spots bronze, then begin to slough off three to four days after treatment.
- Full recovery from face treatment generally takes five to seven days, and a bit longer for other areas of the body. High-quality mineral makeup may be applied during healing.
- The overall condition of skin continues to improve for several months after treatment.
- It is important to wear broad-spectrum, high SPF sunscreen every day to maintain healthy skin.
- While Fraxel DUAL cannot stop the aging process entirely, results are long-lasting with good daily skin care.
Recommended number of sessions and their timing is also personalized. For example, an effective regimen may include three to five Fraxel DUAL treatments spaced about a month apart.
When Fraxel DUAL makes beautiful sense
Fraxel DUAL is a good treatment choice for:
- Acne scarring
- Actinic keratosis – precancerous skin lesions
- Melasma – “the mask of pregnancy”
Periorbital wrinkles (in delicate skin around eyes)
- Pigmented lesions – brown age and sun spots
- Rough skin texture
- Trauma or surgical scars
Are you ready for a glowing, younger-looking complexion with improved tone and texture? Would you like to reduce wrinkles without surgery? Do you have a busy life that does not leave room for a lot of social downtime? Call EsthetixMD Spa & Laser Center to learn more about Fraxel DUAL treatment
. The number in Bend, OR
is (541) 303-9155.